Website Healthy at Home
The Case Management will provide case management services to include, but not limited to: crisis intervention, supportive counseling to clients of all ages and their families relative to the problems, Medicaid applications, and other resources in the community. He/she will also assist clients and their families in collaboration with multidisciplinary team to develop safe and appropriate plans of care.
- Graduate from an accredited school with social worker or human services
- Associated degree in Mental Health
- One (1) year experience or familiarly with food stamps program and Medicaid
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge in areas of mental health/mental illness, dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease, and/or alcohol and substance use disorders.
- Ability to interact with clients/significant others in a manner that is appropriate to clients ages, physical ability and intellectual development.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in assessing treatment and responses and adapting care to meet the needs of the patient population served: pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and/or written word.
- Must be able to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to patients, physicians, families, other members of the healthcare team, and community agencies and facilities accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Familiarity with continuous quality improvement strategies.
- Ability to plan and perform a wide variety of duties requiring general knowledge of multifaceted issues.
- Requires considerable judgment to work independently toward general results, devising methods, modifying or adapting standard procedures to meet different conditions, and making decisions based on precedent and policy.
- Ability to receive training, guidelines and constructive criticism from supervisor before assuming responsibility and function independently following training.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish a cooperative, collaborative working environment with all involved.
- Ability to maintain good communications.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees, physicians, patients, families.
- Ability to determine client’s eligibility for Medicaid and other program services make referrals to local agencies.
- Screens clients to determine eligibility for public assistance, private and in home services.(completes necessary paperwork for assistance).
- Makes referrals to appropriate resource agencies.
- Acts as liaison with public and private agencies in support of referrals and services for clients.
- Performs follow up case management with ongoing cases.
- Performs appropriate consultation to Healthy at Home Staff, serves as a resource to staff, educates staff, client/family members as well as community about available resources (including how to apply and eligibility requirements for programs).
- Participates in ongoing educational activities, opportunities and training programs which promote professional development.
- Performs other duties as directed by administrator.
- Maintain and neat, clean and orderly work area.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that promotes safety.
- Complete all necessary paperwork related to the position and/or yourself in a timely manner.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com