Website Greater Nashua Mental Health Center
The Integrated Care Case Manager has the responsibility of direct support, education, and outreach to a caseload of adults diagnosed with a severe mental illness who are enrolled in the integrated care project between GNMHC and Lamprey Health Care. Primary focus is to increase patients’ access to integrated primary and behavioral health care, reduce gaps in care during transitions, and support the delivery of integrated care. The Integrated Care Case Manager will provide case management services, crisis intervention, and education and will assist in removing barriers to improving functioning so that optimal recovery can be obtained. The Integrated Care Case Manager will work in conjunction with the patient’s multidisciplinary team and other services.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Community Support Services and in close collaboration with the Manager of Nursing and Wellness, the Integrated Care Case Manager will be responsible for assisting patients to access the services in the integrated care project between the Greater Nashua Mental Health Center (GNMHC) and Lamprey Health Care. The Case Manager will do this by:
- Reviewing referrals to the program for appropriateness
- Supporting scheduling of services
- Acting as a liaison with the Care Coordinator and other staff of Lamprey Health Care
- Assessing patients’ abilities and willingness to participate in the program
- Screening clients to determine eligibility for substance abuse and/ or mental health treatment and make recommendations for further evaluation
- Screening for other needs and completing referrals as indicated
- Performing follow-up case management to monitor ongoing connection to services to address needs
- Maintain documentation of services in keeping with GNMHC and Bureau of Behavioral Health standards
- Entering and tracking other service and support data as needed
- Assisting in the development of procedures and policies relating to the program
- Performing appropriate consultation to staff and serving as a resource to GNMHC staff about the program
- Participating in treatment team meetings, agency meetings, and treatment planning meetings as scheduled
- Educating staff, patients, and the community about the program as needed
- Participating in in-services, activities, and other educational opportunities which promote professional development
- Ensuring confidentially of patients of the program
- Becoming familiar with department and agency policies and procedures and have knowledge of other services provided within the agency
- Any other duties/responsibilities consistent with the employee’s education, training, or experience deemed necessary to enhance the functioning of GNMHC or as assigned by the Department Director and/or President and CEO
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to deliver integrated care case management in a manner that is appropriate to patient’s age, physical ability and intellectual development.
- Proficiency in using screening tools and adapting care to meet the needs of the patient population served
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Ability to receive training and guidelines from supervisor before assuming program responsibility and function independently following training.
- Knowledge of current social and economic problems, principles of family economics and budgeting, human relations, community, state, and national health and welfare resources, social assistance requirements, principles of interviewing, and psychological terminology.
- Ability to work effectively and courteously with people and exercise good judgment.
- Good professional character.
- Ability to maintain good communications; ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other staff, physicians, patients, families and community members.
- Demonstration of good organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, rehabilitation, psychology, education, or a related human services field.
This is a full time benefited position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com