Website Keystone Hall
The Integrated Care Case Manager will enable existing and new providers to increase patients’ access to care, reduce gaps in care during transitions and deliver integrated care. He/she will provide case management and social work services, including crisis intervention and supportive counseling to clients/ patients of all ages and their families relative to the problems. The Case Manager will assists clients/ patients and their families in collaboration with multidisciplinary team to develop safe and appropriate plans of care.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the VP Operations and the direct supervision of the Director of Program Services and within established policies and procedures, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Assesses and evaluates clients’ abilities and determines clients’ attributes and willingness to participate in treatment program.
- Screens clients to determine eligibility for substance abuse and/ or mental health treatment and make treatment recommendations.
- Determines available public and private activities and completes referral actions.
- Performs liaison assignments with public and private agencies in support of referral and treatment services for clients.
- Assists clients withjobs, housing, entitlements and other needed services.
- Performs follow-up case management.
- Completes client reports and records and other related client service and support data.
- Assists in the development of programs, procedures and policies relating to services.
- Performs appropriate consultation to staff and serves as resource to the staff.
- Educates staff, client/ patient and the community about social work issues.
- Participates in in-services, activities and education opportunities and training programs which promote professional development.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee, legal, client/ patient, budget and all company matters.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deliver patient care in a manner that is appropriate to patient’s age, physical ability and intellectual development.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in assessing treatment and responses and adapting care to meet the needs of the patient population served: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/ or geriatric.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of spoken and/or written word.
- Essential functions include activities in which incumbent must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to patients, physicians, families, other members of the health care team, and community agencies and facilities accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Familiarity with continuous quality improvement strategies.
- Ability to plan and perform a wide variety of duties requiring general knowledge of policies and procedure applicable within area.
- Requires considerable judgement to work independently toward general results, devising methods, modifying or adapting standard procedures to meet different conditions, and making decisions bases on precedent and policy.
- Ability to receive training and guidelines from supervisor before assuming program responsibility and function independently following training.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish a cooperative, collaborative working environment.
- Ability to maintain good communications; ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees, physicians, patients, families and the public.
- Generally Monday through Friday
- Day shift.
- Occasional requirements to cover weekends, special events, and/or emergencies after hours.
- Graduate of an accredited school of social work, psychology, human services or addiction studies. LADC preferred.
- Two (2) years of relevant professional experience in social service agency, health care setting, mental health or substance abuse treatment facility with emphasis on substance abuse and/or mental health.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org